Discuss Halstead ace HE24 flue inspection cap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not letting fumes into the room if it is safely blanked, read the post

Its not letting fumes into the room if it is safely blanked, read the post

A 5p is not safely blanked and the OP should never in any circumstances do anything like that again. If that 5p came off and someone had carbon monoxide poisoning or died would they or their family turn around and say oh that's ok he tried to give me heat whilst he got the part? No they wouldn't they would want him struck off gas safe, compensation and to go to prison for endangering their lives.

I would ID and cap it, I have before in the past used a brass cap with a washer as a temporary fix overnight and still AR it. If the people are vulnerable then get them an electric heater or 2 and charge them for it, I also find that a lot of vulnerable people are a lot hardier than the majority of younger people as most have probably lived with no heating when they were younger.

The 5p is irrelevant to my posts I'm saying don't be too quick to turn the boiler off in this weather we all have a van full of material's to safely blank that test point off with

Last edited:
It has now been rectified. I had to buy a complete flue adapter to get the cap off. Very expensive cap at £85.00

Have you found one yet? Not promising anything but I think I've got an old ace in my scrap I will have a look on Monday if your still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ace HE24 flue inspection cap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock