Discuss having a dispute with another installer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently they flushed the system and installed the valve and filters. It is open vented cold feed and vent are in airing cupboard. No sign of safety valve on boiler, I was taught 40 years you never fitted

valves on the primary circuit for obvious reasons, do i tell homeowner?
b Cott.jpg

If the valves are shut and the boiler is fired up where does the expansion go? even if boiler runs for a short time.
I know it was worse when boilers didnt have overheat protection, just not sure how quickly the boiler will shut down, how big a pressure build up there will be in the boiler, i have never tried it to find out!

Overheat / flow switch if your that bothered remove the handles

No one bats an eye with pump valves and a filter

Not all boilers have flow switches, Worcesters don't they rely on differential between flow and return, a valve is still a valve with or without handle

Overheat

So that means every heat only boiler with a filter and external pump is at fault / problem

Remove the handles then you require tools to turn off and you should know better

Overheat

So that means every heat only boiler with a filter and external pump is at fault / problem

Remove the handles then you require tools to turn off and you should know better
no because the filter only blocks one of the pipes to the exspansion pipe the other is still left open, and I have seen some really stupid tenants!

no because the filter only blocks one of the pipes to the exspansion pipe the other is still left open, and I have seen some really stupid tenants!

And the pump valves on the flow ? Eg with a heat only boiler

Reply to having a dispute with another installer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock