Discuss having a dispute with another installer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

And if sealed system and prv after pump like it normally is
Is that correct, or just the rubbish you end up coming across? I'd be more inclined to want the PRV to be upstream of the EV and thus between the pump and the boiler, though I'm ready to be told I'm wrong.

Don't think It was a legal requirement back then either as it would have stated "must be fitted"
I think 'should be fitted' means 'and jolly well shall be fitted', though, being course material, it isn't 100% clear what was a legal requirement and what was just the author trying to influence his students. I note the only 'must's in that entire extract refer to the same thing: not blocking the path between the boiler and the open vent i.e. ON THE FLOW (even though the wording is clumsy and you need to take the two 'musts' together for it to be clear that this is what it means), so I think your interpretation that 'must' refers to a legal requirement is probably correct.

Reply to having a dispute with another installer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock