Discuss Header tank in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johng123

Hi there, Newbie here

I am building a small 40'x20' log cabin and am planning on having a vented direct cylinder in a substantial cupboard in the bathroom. I'm planning on putting the header tank above the cylinder, since there is no loft space.

Since the cold header tank will be in close proximity to warm moist air, I am worried that there will be condensation on the cupboard walls and underneath the header tank.

Is this an problem? And if it is, can I solve it by insulating and isolating the header tank from the bathroom?

Thanks

Look at a combined cylinder, is there going to be enough pressure? I wouldn't worry about the condensation, as long as it's fitted with a proper jacket.

Hi, It not normally an issue, as heat loss from cylinder produces warm air circulation which in most cases neutralises the condensation potential. Leave enough space around the installation for air circulation and insulation if found to be needed.

Why don't you use an unvented cylinder if you have water pressure far better than a gravity cylinder

Gray: I have low and unreliable mains pressure, so am planning on a using a twin pump for hot and cold. I am also a diyer, so want to avoid unvented
Steve: Combi cylinders are a bit low on capacity, and I'm not short of space. I want to get 20 mins of pumped shower with 1.5bar twin pump

Thanks for replies

Gray: I have low and unreliable mains pressure, so am planning on a using a twin pump for hot and cold. I am also a diyer, so want to avoid unvented
Steve: Combi cylinders are a bit low on capacity, and I'm not short of space. I want to get 20 mins of pumped shower with 1.5bar twin pump

Thanks for replies
hope youve got room for a big cws tank as you will need it especially if the main is poor and not making up what your using

Steve: How many litres hot and cold do you think I'll need? Thanks, J.

Hi In twenty mins a 15 mm pipe with a head of 15 m and say 8 metres long will discharge 0.75 litres per second. (Boxes Formula) Thats 900 Litres. The frictional resistant on fittings, bends and shower rose will reduce the amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Header tank in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents...
Replies
Views
I have three cold water tanks (2*cw + ch header) on a platform roughly 1M above the loft floor, I have not encountered this arrangement before and...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping for some suggestions as to where I go next in my endless mission to stop my system taking on air. The house has a gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Two years ago, I requested a fully qualified plumber to change the location of the hot water cylinder in a vented central heating system. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock