Discuss Heat shield in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

efficient

Just done a landlords safety check and found the boiler flue within 500mm of the eaves. The landlords gave me the job to fit a heat shield. Does anyone know where to get one or do you have to make your own???

Hi, a company I use to work for got a metal fabrication company to make them. About 1000mm long L-shaped 100mm by 200mm. I'm sure if you found a small fabrication company they could custom build you one, alternativly you could try and make one using closure plates (not tried this myself, do not know if they would be sturdy enough). Hope this helps.

its just sheet metal to protect the eaves and soffit from scorching as said a gas fire closure plate was usually the easist available source but any sheet will do

Hi,

I've also received a similar notice re proximity of balanced flue to overhead plastic soffits now that I've had a Gas Safety Cert check. There are no signs of scorching or any heat damage to the soffits even though the boiler has been in situ for 15+yrs, but I understand rules are rules.

Anyway, my question is - is it permissible to use Supalux boarding to neatly shield the soffit above the flue (or do I have to resort to an ugly aluminium deflector between exhaust and soffit)?

When searching the Net with this query I was surprised to only find one example diagram of a flue shield (using closure plate). I found lots of information regarding size of plate required based upon the distance of soffit from flue, and recommended air gap between plate and soffit - but little in the way of tried and tested designs (e.g. simple "shelf", upward sloping plate, plate neatly following the contours of the fascia/soffit)

Many thanks

I have used superlux board to shield soffits from flues and it worked out fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat shield in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock