Discuss Heating coming on when TRV opened... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stickybloke

I have a Vaillant Ecotec pro 28 combi boiler controlled via a BG Hive thermostat. The whole CH system is only about 8 months old.
I had to put the heating on for the first time in about 4 months the other day and it came on just fine via the Hive system. I then went round and opened the TRVs and valves on the radiators that I'd closed off before the summer. All was well until the Hive commanded the boiler off. Hive showed that the boiler was off however all the rads were still on. I went round and manually turned off the radiators and as I turned off the last one the boiler went off.
A bit of experimentation revealed that opening a rad valve would cause the boiler to fire up, regardless of the thermostat timer settings. The system seems to behave as though the radiators are on the same logic as the hot water taps and that any demand causes the boiler to fire up.
I'm not a plumber but am hoping the experts here can advise. Is it a stuck/faulty diverter valve or has the system been put together wrong?? Or am I missing something obvious? I'll obviously get an expert in to look at it but in the mean time I'm keen to try and work out what's going on.
thanks very much!

Please get your installer back. There is a link inside the boiler that needs removing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating coming on when TRV opened... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock