Discuss Heating pipe buried in wall correctly? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

kasser

Gas Engineer
Came across this today.
Plastic central heating pipe directly buried in wall.
Wall to be plastered soon.
Isn't the plaster going to crack as soon as the pipe expands? Especially plastic?

If you run pipe in pipe, I've always wondered how you clip/hold the pipe inside? It's just not possible?

Attachments

• IMG_20220214_121230.jpg
    IMG_20220214_121230.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 15
I would use hair felt insulation

As for clips either nail ons or p clips

Reply to Heating pipe buried in wall correctly? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm not a plumber, but I'm having an issue which keeps re-occurring and the engineers coming out to us do not seem to know why. So...
Replies
Views
I wonder if someone could give me some advice please. I am doing a bathroom renovation in a 60s house. I would like to move the cast iron waste...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock