Search the forum,

Discuss Heating zone overheating in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. I have a new build property with central heating. There’s two zones both independently controlled with danfoss digital wired thermostats. One zone (the lounge) has two radiators. The stat is on programmable mode. The room is over heating. The stat is sensing the room temp is above the set point and it is not calling for heat. It clicks on and off as normal. I think it is working as expected. However the heaters are still hot.
I’ve tried changing to a new stat but problem persists. Does this sound like an issue with the motorised valve ? Any help appreciated

could be stuck open needs testing but as its a new build get the builders back

hi. I have a new build property with central heating. There’s two zones both independently controlled with danfoss digital wired thermostats. One zone (the lounge) has two radiators. The stat is on programmable mode. The room is over heating. The stat is sensing the room temp is above the set point and it is not calling for heat. It clicks on and off as normal. I think it is working as expected. However the heaters are still hot.
I’ve tried changing to a new stat but problem persists. Does this sound like an issue with the motorised valve ? Any help appreciated

Check that the zone valve has not been latched into the manual overide (open) position. This is used for filling the system. Installers working on new-build sites sometimes forget to flip them back to automatic.

Has it ever worked properly? If not, get the developer to fix it.

Check that the zone valve has not been latched into the manual overide (open) position. This is used for filling the system. Installers working on new-build sites sometimes forget to flip them back to automatic.

Has it ever worked properly? If not, get the developer to fix it.

Hi
Thanks for reply. Sorry I should have even clearer - the property is new but I meant in like the last 3 years. Yes the heating was working entirely normally. The overheating thing happened intermittent over the last 6 months but now it’s a permanent issue.
Do you think it’s still the valve?

Do you think it’s still the valve?

Assuming it is a conventional (thermostat controls valve, valve sends demand signal to boiler) system, a sticky valve is very likely the problem. Three years is a bit early to fail but by no means rare for most standard types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating zone overheating in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock