Discuss Heatline Compact S24/30 Pressure Relief and PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J3000

Hi guys,

I have a heatline compact s24. The central heating works but the pressure relief pipe outside is constantly dripping warm water. I'm thinking a new PRV is needed or the expansion vessel is damaged.

Also I get a good flame picture when the heating is on but when I turn on a hot water tap, the flame immediately turn yellow. In fact it turns yellow when the heating is off and the hw is on. The boiler is off now but could this mean a faulty gas valve?

With the cost of labour and parts in mind, I'm contemplating just getting rid and installing a new boiler...

Please let me know if you need more info.

Many thanks in advance.

John

call in a gsr engineer,heatline are cheap boilers that parts can cost a fortune to but best get rid

I once went to a boiler (can't give the manu's name,but it rhymed with beatmine)with intermittent faults.On ringing their helpline I was told to change the boiler,almost as a matter of course.Basicaly,the 'adviser' was saying that the boiler was too old to justify spending money on.From memory (which may be inaccurate,I don't want to be sued),this is the last part of the conversation.
"So how old would this boiler be,then?"
"That model would be at least 5 or 6 years old,minimum!Get a new one."
"That isn't old for a boiler!"
"It is for one of ours."
A new NTC,and all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Compact S24/30 Pressure Relief and PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock