Discuss hello all not a plumber but hoping for a bit of advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard40

Ok here I go ,I need a new combi and was going to get a bosch fitted 6 rad s in two bed terrace,any how plumber I have gone back two as he did some work before has said the ideal mini l 30 is a good boiler and he fits these and bosch ,we have an ideal is at which we inherited it ,it now gives us warm rad s when switched off so I thought I'd go bosch but I trust this bloke but I'm a bit wary of ideal ,any advice appreciated !

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum,
Each engineer on this forum will give you a different opinion as each have there own experiences good and bad with brands, if you are keen on Bosch then the cdi Classic (5) is good, don't go for the I range or the junior (2), ideals are good either logic plus (7year) or the vogue,(10).
the numbers I've put in are the warranties issued with the product,
also vaillant , Baxi ,

I'm not a fan of Ideals; they've cocked up too much in the past.

Vaillant or Worcester CDi Classic (NOT compact) would be my recommendation.

I find it odd that you have set aside a budget for a worcester ( they are not cheap) and your installer recommends ideal mini which mostly get fitted on tight budgets or landlord properties.

I would question his / hers thinking their

Hi I could of got mixed up as I looked on plumb centre he could have ment the indecent as he said it was the same as a logic in side ,any how I've measured the boiler cupboard and it looks like it down to the logic logic +is there much difference?,or Worcester cdi 30 compact but some one said stay away from ,not checked back but if there ok I'm not against ,only had bosch in mind because a few people have had them and said they were pleased with them.I'm getting my price off mr central heating had a price off a thousand in mind for the boiler but a bit more or less

Richard, you could try uk-plumbing.com for a price comparison, I buy my spares there and always good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hello all not a plumber but hoping for a bit of advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back