Search the forum,

Discuss Hello Fellows in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi All, I am a Plumber from Australia and thought I should register and become part of the greater Plumbing World. I find some of the topics very interesting and many of the issues relating to our trade the same.

G'day mate, welcome to the forum. Indeed, this is a place where you will discover lots of interesting threads. And also the place that will cause friction in your marriage. If, like me, you spend a lot of time on here. It is quite addictive. it is the best place to learn anything about plumbing, if you ask me. And all on here are so helpful. Just ask a question, sit back, with a can of fosters, read another post, and wait for the replies. enjoy

Hi All, I am a Plumber from Australia and thought I should register and become part of the greater Plumbing World. I find some of the topics very interesting and many of the issues relating to our trade the same.
Hi & welcome along.
Where are you based ? What work do you do ? (what tickets do you hold) Can you soft solder ? Sorry just thought I would get a few of my own questions in, if you did not mind, before you ask some. Thanks CW

Hi Guys,

I based in Victoria. In regards to my tickets I hold tickets in all classes. Plumbing, Gasfitting, Mechanical Services, Roofing.
I have also a couple of specialized tickets also.

We don't use soft solder over here. We use silver solder that needs oxy/acetylene or oxy/LPG to melt.

I think it is a misconception of the rest of the world that all aussies drink Fosters. I personally don't and I don't think I know anyone who does. ( Fact ).

Thanks for the advice, I will sit back and relax and read post and reply to them when I can.

Cheers

You must be one of em funny fellows who drink XXXX then. LOL

Had a guy in from Sydney who teaches plumbing, who still show them how to soft solder he said they still use it outback.

Last edited:
XXXX beer......I just about gagged.

Maybe in New South Wales they use soft solder. Here in Victoria we don't use it at all.

No fosters no 4 x.....

Might i suggest coopers?:)

Welcome to the forum my antipodean pal:):beer:

Coopers would have to be my downfall.

It is 'Nectar of the Gods'

Cooper Sparkling Ale would have to be the beer that God created the earth for.
I sure, on the Seventh Day, God relaxed after all his hard efforts and had a dozen Coopers Sparkling Ales.

I'm not God, but after my herculean day, I am resting having a Coopers or 4.

Oz-Plumber

Sparkling ale? You girl! Do you have a cherry and an umbrella in it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello Fellows in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock