Discuss Hello.. Plumber, going back on the tools?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All
My name is Bill and have been a plumber for 35years. I have just returned from Australia where I was working as a plumbing inspector for 12 years! I have returned to the UK ( Ireland actually) and am considering getting back on the tools (probably just maintenance) .. Interested to hear of any major plumbing news that you think may be of interest over the last decade or so. Any must have tools or gadgets to help me out? Happy to give any advice/insight into Australian plumbing too!

Cheers

Bill

Thanks Jon... Yeah I sometimes wonder.
I travel a lot and got itchy feet again. I met a lass from Ireland and am now over here (north of Dublin). Not desperate for work but wouldn't mind doing a little bit for some extra Euros. Just putting together a basic toolkit now... I'm being dragged back in!

Hello and welcome mr bill

Hi Bill, Irish Ladies are a compulsion of mine, well done. Eire tends to do things its own way but always defers to UK Wras in terms
of water regulations in a total blanket acceptance. If anybody in the Free State takes any notice maybe you can tell us when your feet are firmly grounded. UKPF is a great place to learn, ask questions and contribute...I learn nuggets of info regularly from all ages on here and I have been in this game since 1980. Good Luck
centralheatking

Hi Bill, Irish Ladies are a compulsion of mine, well done. Eire tends to do things its own way but always defers to UK Wras in terms
of water regulations in a total blanket acceptance. If anybody in the Free State takes any notice maybe you can tell us when your feet are firmly grounded. UKPF is a great place to learn, ask questions and contribute...I learn nuggets of info regularly from all ages on here and I have been in this game since 1980. Good Luck
centralheatking

Thanks.. Not planning on getting involved with gas again. Thinking taps, WCs , Kitchens etc. the old back is not too flash.. too many lofts and cellars! Looking forward to the stories in the forum..
Cheers

Reply to Hello.. Plumber, going back on the tools?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I'm Canadian so you may wonder what I'm doing on a UK plumbing forum. I'm basically just here to learn the British term for a tool that...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock