Discuss help, hot water system does not work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brobro68

had a leaky hot water cylinder that i had replaced along with new 3 way valve and immertion heater. When the plumber tried to turn on, no water was coming out of hot taps. He blames an air lock and has left me to it. When i try to clear the air lock by connecting the cold tap to the hot tap, i can hear the cylinder filling up, but it sounds way to empty to be an air lock. Would an air lock cause the cylinder to be only half full?? Or is there another problem - any ideas??

Possibly a blockage in the cold feed and not allowing cylinder to fill. Was the valve shut off on the cold feed or was the CWSC drained down? You should insist that the plumber gets it rectified if you paid him to do this work as the system isn't up and running ...so his/her work is incomplete...give him/her a call.

Last edited:
pound to a penny the gate valve has sheared of you need to bung the outlet to change it or drain the tank

Agree. Sounds like the gate valve. Bung the tank and replace it. Unless it's an old 3/4" one you should just be able to undo the nuts and screw a new one in its place.

Thanks guys, husband just turned the gate wheel, it was stuck but he managed to open it. The cylinder filled with water and then leaked out of the immersion fitting!.

Have called the plumber to come back and fix, will let you all know how it goes! Told him that we found the gasket in the packaging, he said he used the old one!

Shame he didn't notice that it didn't have any water in it in the first place.:confused:

How difficult is it to sort this out, do you need special spanner to get replace gasket?

You need an immersion spanner (the plumber should have this when you get him to sort it out correctly).
Good Luck

sounds like a bodger
immersion is one of the worst to get a good seal so anyone who uses the old gasket is a numpty
hope you didnt pay this waster after he has
a/failed to fit correctly
b/failed to fill correctly
c/and then left you up the creek

amazes me how anyone can walk away from a job half done bet his been paid as well
agree with you there steve.
its basics before leaving site final cheaks make sure system is back up and running correctly and all work/joints water tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help, hot water system does not work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock