Discuss HELP issue with Eco 7 and water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bez9

Hi All First thread I live in a ground floor apartment and have an economy 7 immersion heater with the booster and I have issues all round... 1st I have an electric water pump for the shower and hot taps in the bathroom which cuts out after 10-15 minutes of use and won't re work for atleast an hour? Any suggestions? Replace or any quick fixes? 2nd I have an external overflow pipe (white one exiting the building) that constantly drops which I replaced the ball valve thinking it was sticking open but that wasn't it, the water in the cold tank is usually warm for baths and showers which makes it practically warm water not cold I've replaced the thermostat thinking it was over heating and pushing hot water into the cold tank but even when I left the hot water off for a few days it's over filling and don't know why??? Serious help needed guys I'm loosing the will to live with this one. 3rd and final one... I replaced the double pole switch for the Eco 7 over night heater which worked fine as the old one eventually failed, then the next day I flicked the booster on in the evening to top up the warm water and from then the Eco 7 won't work has the switch failed or is there something else that could be causing it??? Please help I can't ever seem to find answers online.Thanks Sam

Hello Bez and welcome! Your overflow might be caused by the mains water pushing through the body of a mixer somewhere and into the hot. Try isolating a tap mixer to see if it stops. The water might be pushing up into the cold feed to the hot cylinder and into the cold tank. Monobloc sink mixers can easily have this issue and check valves on pipes to them cure it.
The electrics are best tested by a multimeter or get an electrician if unsure.

Last edited:
The shower pump sounds as though its not continuously rated. Might be rated for 10 to 15 minutes in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP issue with Eco 7 and water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock