Discuss HELP NEEDED DO I SWITCH FROM AN ELECTRIC BOILER TO GAS in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

thanks for the information.. Could you guys reccomend a good gas boiler? Ideally one that is not too loud, as it will sent in the loft near a bedroom. Issue I now have is that I need to make a hole in the roof for the flue which will be costly im guessing

Electric £19 a day for heat based on 34p/kwh
Gas £6.50 a day for heat based on 10.3p/kwh

Moral of the story - don't listen to a builders advice on hating

How do you work this out? It works out to be 63kwh of gas.. That would mean the boiler is only on for two hours??

How do you work this out? It works out to be 63kwh of gas.. That would mean the boiler is only on for two hours??
Gas boilers rarely run flat out. Why do you think like this? Lower for longer is the whole point of central heating. 63 kWh of gas might last 8 hours with boiler running at 25%, matching the heat loss from your home, keeping you comfortable rather than from roasting to shivering.

Gas boilers rarely run flat out. Why do you think like this? Lower for longer is the whole point of central heating. 63 kWh of gas might last 8 hours with boiler running at 25%, matching the heat loss from your home, keeping you comfortable rather than from roasting to shivering.

Ok, this is all very comforting to hear.. I assumed they worked in a similar fashion to the electric one. Its either off or running at 6kwh.. There is no inbetween.

Game plan is to rip this thing out. If anyone wants an electric boiler (5 months old) please do get in touch

thanks for the information.. Could you guys reccomend a good gas boiler? Ideally one that is not too loud, as it will sent in the loft near a bedroom. Issue I now have is that I need to make a hole in the roof for the flue which will be costly im guessing
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt any modern boiler would be too noisy.
Worcester, baxi and viessmann are the brands I work with.

Reply to HELP NEEDED DO I SWITCH FROM AN ELECTRIC BOILER TO GAS in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock