Discuss Help please.electric shower going hot and cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charlie11

my mira sport shower has suddenly started going hot then cold then hot and cold, it does not matter if I put it on low,medium or high it does the same. I have cleaned the inline filter which was not to bad. The water pressure seems fine coming out of shower. Could it be the thermal switch or the elements. (BEFORE i SPLASH OUT ON A NEW SHOWER)

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

Send an email and a photograph of the wall unit to the shower doctor,co.uk or .com. Sorry can`t remember which.

tried sending photos but e mail addresses both not recognized.
I need the right e mail , anybody help

It could be many different things. You need to get someone in who knows electics, if you are not experienced.
Does the button work?
The power to the elements could be locked on & the thermal cut out going on & off. Sometimes you need to buy whole flow assembly.

Last edited:
Cycling hot/cold. Try removing the shower head(potentially blocked). See if the temperature stabilizes. The water is probably not able to exit as quick as it needs to so gets hotter than normal then the thermal cut out kicks in on top of the heater can until it cools and self resets then starts the whole process over again.

You need to empty your message box charlie and sorry but I dont know any more than I`ve already said.
You could always ring them from the number in the link that croppie posted.

Shower head OK, completely cleaned and it wasn't to bad anyway. The water is coming out fairly hard anyway. I was thinking the thermal switch could be iffy, but I am sure I have read somewhere that if I am receiving hot water then the switch is OK. The other thing people are pointing to is the heater tank, saying one of the elements could have gone. I was a maintenance technician when I worked so I have done some electrics albeit not on showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please.electric shower going hot and cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock