Discuss Help regarding leaking shower tray pretty please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ahh okayyyyy thanks I will do that tonight if it shows as wonky is there any way to fix it? Is it a big job?
Pretty big job yeah. If it's out of level then the only way to put it right is to pull the tray out and start again. You could remove the fixed glass panel and replace will a full enclosure to keep the water in, or as Shaun suggested, some sort of plastic upstand but these are only masking the problem, not curing it.

With the bigger trays, over 1400mm, when fitting them you need to get them level on the flat rim but also check the fall on the base of the tray as it is very common for the tray to be bowed, either from transit or when being manufactured.

It is a fairly easy fix if you have spare tiles, you need to remove the shower screen, bottom row of tiles and lift the tray out which should be easy if laid on sand and cement, not so if bed down on tile adhesive.

Re-fix tray, tiles and door.
You will be looking at 2-3 days labour.

With the bigger trays, over 1400mm, when fitting them you need to get them level on the flat rim but also check the fall on the base of the tray as it is very common for the tray to be bowed, either from transit or when being manufactured.

It is a fairly easy fix if you have spare tiles, you need to remove the shower screen, bottom row of tiles and lift the tray out which should be easy if laid on sand and cement, not so if bed down on tile adhesive.

Re-fix tray, tiles and door.
You will be looking at 2-3 days labour.
Could be wrong but it looks like shower panels to me, also depending on how the tray is set, it could easily crack when taking it out.

Thank you so much for your input, it's appreciated. Been up with my level and it all looks level on the rim, perhaps ever so slightly out with a slope towards the wall rather than towards the rest of the room, so I'm not sure if the tray is the problem or not o_O As for whether the base is flat, would I tell that just by plonking the level inside the tray at various points? I did that before and it seemed to slope in the direction of the drain.

I think I'm going to have a good clean of everything this weekend in case there's gunk that needs removing, and might look into the suggestion above of sticking some kind of additional riser between the screen and the wall...will be an eyesore to to be sure but the whole room is tbh. Luckily it isn't our main bathroom and not used super regularly..though it might be if we could get this fixed and the room spruced up a bit. I'm waffling.

Oh, yes it is ugly plastic panelling all around.

Reply to Help regarding leaking shower tray pretty please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock