Discuss help with a megaflow unvented heating system thats loosing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob b

Hi

My name is rob im new to the forum and im looking for some help

I have a classic 350ff boiler in my kitchen thats hooked up to a heatra sadia megaflow cl145 indirect cylinder on the landing and its constantly loosing pressure.

we moved in to the house in august and had the boiler serviced and we had two new zone valves fitted (honeywell) a 8bar pressure valve (heatra sadia genuine) that was leaking and two gates put either side of the pump by a big local firm to myself (Hull) all was well after they left and have had no issues with the work they have done.

Now we have started to loose pressure and i dont know why i have checked all the overflows and even put bags over the end to check for drips or weeps running out but all are dry also the tundish is bone dry ive had some absorbent cloth just hanging there just to double check there wasnt a leak, we are loosing alot of pressure and i am having to fil the system back up daily.

There is no water in the air side of the red pressure vessel and absoloutly no sign of a leak on the ceiling of the house and ive checked the rads for the water dripping down the back of the pipe i just cant seem to find a leak in the house.

Today ive had a thought that there might be a leak in the coil inside the cylinder and thats were im loosing my pressure but im not a plumber and wouldnt know if this could happen or im just wishing it could be.

The hot water side seems to have more air in it than the heating side when the zone valve kicks over you can hear it been pumped around.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts i would realy appreciate it.

I understand that unvented systems are very dangerous and im always consious of this and any work i need doing ill get the company back in to help, just dont fancy paying for a plumber to rip floorbaords up when i can do that.

Many thanks for reading the long thread

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help with a megaflow unvented heating system thats loosing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back