Search the forum,

Discuss help with a megaflow unvented heating system thats loosing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob b

Hi

My name is rob im new to the forum and im looking for some help

I have a classic 350ff boiler in my kitchen thats hooked up to a heatra sadia megaflow cl145 indirect cylinder on the landing and its constantly loosing pressure.

we moved in to the house in august and had the boiler serviced and we had two new zone valves fitted (honeywell) a 8bar pressure valve (heatra sadia genuine) that was leaking and two gates put either side of the pump by a big local firm to myself (Hull) all was well after they left and have had no issues with the work they have done.

Now we have started to loose pressure and i dont know why i have checked all the overflows and even put bags over the end to check for drips or weeps running out but all are dry also the tundish is bone dry ive had some absorbent cloth just hanging there just to double check there wasnt a leak, we are loosing alot of pressure and i am having to fil the system back up daily.

There is no water in the air side of the red pressure vessel and absoloutly no sign of a leak on the ceiling of the house and ive checked the rads for the water dripping down the back of the pipe i just cant seem to find a leak in the house.

Today ive had a thought that there might be a leak in the coil inside the cylinder and thats were im loosing my pressure but im not a plumber and wouldnt know if this could happen or im just wishing it could be.

The hot water side seems to have more air in it than the heating side when the zone valve kicks over you can hear it been pumped around.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts i would realy appreciate it.

I understand that unvented systems are very dangerous and im always consious of this and any work i need doing ill get the company back in to help, just dont fancy paying for a plumber to rip floorbaords up when i can do that.

Many thanks for reading the long thread

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help with a megaflow unvented heating system thats loosing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi all - can someone explain what the two black levers are in this picture? Are they for putting more pressure in the heating system? I have a Megaflow Eco Systemfit Unvented Cylinder.
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock