Discuss Help with Mixer/shower tap install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hawickblue

Hi all, newbie here,

I have a problem with a recent shower mixer tap set up.
Basically the hot water does not have enough head to supply the shower head, its a flat and a gravity fed hot water system.

The water heater is a Elson Maxistore 210 litres (never seen these before). Basically just a big kettle...

My question is, is it possible to fit a pump on the outlet from this unit to increase the pressure to enable the shower to work.

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

these are useally mains pressure.
Yes a cold feed in, but the water then runs through heating elements etc and sits there in the tank.... like i said it is just a big kettle really.
Toilet cysterns are mains fed, but when flushed they use gravity... similar set up here am afraid..

cheers

sorry i was thinking of the corel e which is mains pressure not the maxistore.

yes as said your cold water storage is to small.
you can have an electric shower.

Variation on the fortic combination cylinder. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elsonhotwater.co.uk%2Felson%2Felson.nsf%2F03798e9169de46dd80256a2a003c660b%2Fccbd8f0a012b082180256ac30052621d%3FOpenDocument"]Product Selector : Model Info[/DLMURL]

I would be wary of using a pump due to the low volume stored in the cold water section.

Mike
Thanks for info, it says on the product page that it can be supplied with mains pressure showering facility and shower valve......

What would this involve ?

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine that this is a factory fitted option of a coil within the cylinder such as used on thermal stores.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Mixer/shower tap install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock