Discuss Hep2o pushfit grey, Grab Ring Failure ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

That made me stop and think and I haven't got one to check Jon. However, our very own 'old bugger' looks to be 100% correct.

His back's beggered, but his brain still works - bless him ;)

All hail Emperor Jon :):):)

View attachment 36858

How about this fitting it has the metal grab ring first ?

B9C9DE70-EE4D-4881-ABDB-E32534A4C1D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Just had a thought, maybe someone has swapped the rings round on purpose, those score marks look like what could be made if the grab ring was removed physically..... just saying like;)

Where’s the whistling emoji, when you need one?

The old Hepworth grey fittings with metal grab ring had the O ring on the water side in the demountable Hep fittings and the opposite on the slimmer non demountable fittings.
Even I know that and I don’t use plastic rubbish :)

I must say I've taken apart fittings that old (under a caravan that was going to be scrapped and needed zero-budget work done), bent the metal grab rings to about the right shap, and reassembled using modern Hep pipe and it held (at around 5 bar) until the caravan was scrapped a year later. (No, this wasn't a paid job, in case you're wondering.)

Reply to Hep2o pushfit grey, Grab Ring Failure ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back