Discuss Hi all our boiler has just had a new expansion vessel fitted but pressure is still going to 2.9 bars when using central heating . Is this normal? Than in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All our boiler has just had a new expansion vessel fitted bit the pressure is still rising to 2.9 bars . Is this normal ? Many thanks

Did the guy who fitted it not check it?

Filling loop left open?

There's something else that needs sorting then, had it twice last week.

Not normal, if sized correctly and with precharge&filling pressures of 1.0bar/1.5bar when cold, should not rise to more than 1.8/2.3 bar when hot.

If a external E.Vessel what size is it ?.

If a combi boiler might be a leaking HW heat exchanger causing mains water to pressurize the primary water side.

Not normal, if sized correctly and with precharge&filling pressures of 1.0bar/1.5bar when cold, should not rise to more than 1.8/2.3 bar when hot.

If a external E.Vessel what size is it ?.

If a combi boiler might be a leaking HW heat exchanger causing mains water to pressurize the primary water side.

Forgot about phe. If it's this then you will normally see an energetic needle on the pressure gauge when hot tap opened.

Reply to Hi all our boiler has just had a new expansion vessel fitted but pressure is still going to 2.9 bars when using central heating . Is this normal? Than in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back