Discuss Hi, Currently half a plumber, looking for a gas company to help me with gas portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

staggros

Hi Gents/Ladies,

I have recently completed my Initial gas training at able skills (who i must say were class) . I am now on to my portfolio work where i need to find a registered gas safe engineer or company to complete my on the job evidence work with.

My question is : does anybody know of any good companies, preferably large, who are willing to take me on?

I have already been accepted to work along side a local sole trader, but i would prefer to get the experience with a larger company.

Also what would you suggest? Do i take the plunge and go it alone once i am registered? Or would it be advisable to try and get a job with a company for the first year or so? I have been half a plumber for 2 years now, but realised that the gas was a very large string on my bow.

Thanks for your time

Luke

Re: Hi, Currently half a plumber, looking for a gas company to help me with gas portf

good luck luke, its hard to find work at mo, even when offering it for free

Re: Hi, Currently half a plumber, looking for a gas company to help me with gas portf

welcome to the forum Luke, good luck with the search

dont know where you are looking but, good luke with it.

:welcome: Luke :)

Being offered any avenue is better than none at all IMO. A sole trader may well be more versatile than some of the "big boys" to be honest and may be able to offer you a greater variety of work experience!

good luck mate, where abouts are you based?

welcome along luke. i would go with the chap that has offered you a placement otherwise you could be waiting a very long time for a large company to be honest.

Hello mate, I'm based around Croydon way, thanks for the reply

Thanks for your replies chaps, nice to get Some sort of advice. I'll keep you all posted. Happy new year to you all :))

welcome to the forum, let us know when the other half joins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi, Currently half a plumber, looking for a gas company to help me with gas portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock