Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hi does Any one know what this is been asked to quote for oil boiler change system is in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phil the bucket

sy6u9a4e.jpg
buja4yge.jpg

Re: Hi does Any one know what this is been asked to quote for oil boiler change syste

I would have said air separator but it's not quite like I've seen before...

Re: Hi does Any one know what this is been asked to quote for oil boiler change syste

It is a spartan tank.
Works something like a primatic. The pipes on the side are the hot water draw off and the heating expansion is the one in the bottom.
Turn off the hw cylinder valve to drain the heating.

Want to change to fully pumped sealed system with s plan wiring and cap off the heating vent .
Was worried there was no coil in the cylinder

If you are changing it to a sealed system cut it out and blank the old expansion (or put an air vent on depending how it is piped). Join the pipes on the sides back together for the hot water.
Btw you don't need to drain the cylinder when you drain the heating. Worth about 6 quid in scrap. They are dead light.
Take a grinder to the side of it when you get it out and have a look how it worked in fact i think i posted a photo of a cut up one on here a while back. You might find it if you do a search.

its scrap all out and new in :)

The cylinder will be fine unless they fancy paying to upgrade it.

Spartans were commonly used in the 70's early 80's before sealed systems were common. Mainly used in flats or somewhere where it was hard to get an expansion tank in.
They worked well. System could be fully pumped.

Thanks will post picture online off it cut in half if quote is accepted

well in 28 years ive never seen one of them before ( Sparton tank )

well in 28 years ive never seen one of them before ( Sparton tank )

My old boss who retired last year he is 65 has never seen one either but there's always somebody on here who knows thank god

Tamz knows it all !!! Cheers Tom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi does Any one know what this is been asked to quote for oil boiler change system is in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock