Discuss Hi guys, please save me the time of researching in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xpertbert

Combi install to do, middle of bungalow. Condense pump needed. Running condense into pump like usual, but can this be teed off to a tundish for blow off or not. I would like to think you could but never done one. If you can tell me any other special requirements needed. Much appreciated lads if anyone can answer. Cheers

Most condense pumps are not designed for the boilers saferty relief aswell!

You can however buy a high temperature PRV condensate pump that will take both, they are more expensive however... BES do one, plus a few others...

I asked the same question a few months back... alot of other guys go up & over with the blow off, or tee the safety relief back into the boiler return and put another relief valve on pipework elsewhere in the system.

Blow off must be piped in non plastic.

Condense can only be piped in plastic.

The two (bow off & condense) cannot be shared

Blow off must be piped in non plastic.

Condense can only be piped in plastic.
The two (bow off & condense) cannot be shared

Baxi do a pump to do both

Boiler Discharge Pump
A new external pump solution stores and discharges high temperature waste from a boiler pressure relief valve and also manages condensate line waste from the same device. This allows the discharge from the pump to feed into household waste via the soil stack rather than needing a copper external waste for pressure relief and a separate line for condense waste. The pump has a maximum head of five metres. Head of Baxi Product Management Paul Haynes comments: "We believe that the enhanced range of flues and accessories will help installers to deliver the complete system solution, more easily and quickly. Little things, like positive screw fixings for all connections and providing a choice of flue terminal colours, add up to remove the 'hassle factor' and give the job a professional finish."

we did loads like that on the warmfront scheme with the secondary prv...and then the condense hose up into the loft and out....and then go back in winter with hair dryer to defrost ice plugs from half inch sections of pipe where the lagging hadnt been secured good enough (not my install...i cant get enough of lagging)
one eaga inspector actually failed one of our jobs cos of the blow off tee'ing into the return and didnt have the decency to go check the loft for the secondary prv and the overkill of lagging up there![
QUOTE=gassafe;273326]Most condense pumps are not designed for the boilers saferty relief aswell!

You can however buy a high temperature PRV condensate pump that will take both, they are more expensive however... BES do one, plus a few others...

I asked the same question a few months back... alot of other guys go up & over with the blow off, or tee the safety relief back into the boiler return and put another relief valve on pipework elsewhere in the system.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi guys, please save me the time of researching in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have read through numerous online guides as well as the pinned Balancing Radiators Thread on this forum. However still have several...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock