Search the forum,

Discuss high co reading on ideal vogue 40 kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

any one had high co reading on this appliance with a vertical flue fitted

Have you seen the threads about the injector o-ring?

I fitted a 40kw which had a loose injector o-ring. It sent all the readings out.
Someone else had the same but I cant remember who, will have to have a search.

The injector sits in the top of the gas valve and has a black o-ring to create a seal. Mine was temporarily fixed by wrapping in ptfe til the manufacturers engineer got a replacement.

Vertical or horizontal flue, chances of having high CO reading with the Vogue is 99.9%. I'll never fit another till they (Ideal) get over the teething problems

Vertical or horizontal flue, chances of having high CO reading with the Vogue is 99.9%. I'll never fit another till they (Ideal) get over the teething problems
What size did you fit? What were the problems?
I have fitted one if each and only had the o-ring issue on a 40

The last two 32kw vogue I ve fitted have had high co readings. Up around 300. They both turned out to be injectors. But they told me they were drilled out slightly oversized and replaced them. Unless they just replaced them assumed it was drilled to big when in fact it was the o ring.

Dont get me wrong guys i love working with the logics but hearing these problems does put me off of ideal because they should be testing every boiler in house and they obviously dont,

Isn't it amazing that manufacturers can admit to having faults with their products, releasing them on the general public and expecting competent installers to pick up and inform them of their product malfunctions.

But, then again what do they have to lose?

Plumbers not happy, customer is not happy - with product installed and person who recommended / installed the boiler.

Who wears the majority of the costs for manufacturers known stuff-ups?

The Plumber / installer.

Installed vogue 32c, high readings. CO 320, ratio 0.003. Rang Ideal technical and was told to follow the flow chart on TB 143. If the reading is within those figure in the TB, its fine.

Surely on a new boiler can't be having 320ppm? I know it may be below 0.004 but that can't be right?

I would ring the rep and get someone out to that. If nothing else it means it's burning like s**t.

I fitted a c26 this week and was expecting problems having seen some of the posts after I bought it but it was fine co96 co2 9.0 ratio 0.0011 :sorcerer:

Surely on a new boiler can't be having 320ppm? I know it may be below 0.004 but that can't be right?

I would ring the rep and get someone out to that. If nothing else it means it's burning like s**t.

first reading 320 ppm and ratio .003, '****' 2 days later re tested 58 ppm ratio .0004 'relief'..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to high co reading on ideal vogue 40 kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock