Discuss Hot to stop banging when boiler calls for hot water in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have a worcester heatslave external oil boiler which makes a large bang every time we use hot water when the central heating is running. It seems that as the diverter valve moves towards the hot water position there is a single clunk which can be heard all around the house. The diverter valve has had new internals and the actuator was replaced recently for a different problem. Would appreciate any advice on this please.

Is there an auto bypass fitted ?

I would recommend having one fitted should get rid of the clunk

Yes,

What exact make/model of circ pump do you have and see what mode and setting it at, you may be able to reduce its setting which may help to reduce the clunk.
Also check for clunk by shutting the boiler/circ pump down when in CH mode only then c/o to HW mode only, restart boiler, check for clunk.

Should also have asked if it's a mid position valve that allows HW & CH on together?
No its priority to hot water, all the rads probably have trvs. All shutting down and then nowhere for pump to go, swaps to hot water and 'thud'.

For a quick fix till sorted permanently take trv head off on one of rads.

Reply to Hot to stop banging when boiler calls for hot water in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock