Discuss Hot water help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dc19910

Hi all! Just wanting some help with a hot water problem i have. I would normally just wait and call a plumber out but its Sunday and i really cant wait till tomorrow as i have the first day of my new job tomorrow and really need hot water for shower! Anyway back to the problem.
I have a vallant eco tec plus boiler and the hot water taps and shower is not letting any water out. Cold water is flowing from the taps but thats it. It was fine untill i used the gage under the boiler to raise up the pressure as it had dropped a little, does this often. I forgot which gage it was so i turned both. Then i put them both back so it says close. I have triple checked that i have defiantly closed them. Ever since then my hot water has stopped running. My heating is fine though no problem with that. Any suggestions or advice would be amazing please.

Many thanks.

In pressurising boiler you may well have turned off cold water feed. Check this is open, slot inline with pipework. Other than that, boil kettle, shower from bucket, and call gas safe engineer tomorrow.
The cold water feed will be 15mm pipe. From memory, where it enters boiler the valve has square head with slot. Slot should point to boiler.

Last edited:
Thank you. I have took some pictures they are down as attachments.

Attachments

• 14784536382221262966920.jpg
    14784536382221262966920.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20161106_172632.jpg
    20161106_172632.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20161106_172636.jpg
    20161106_172636.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 23
Second pipe from right is cold water feed. Ignore white plastic levers and look for isolation control where 15mm pipe connects to boiler.

Is this the bit that you mean or open the boiler up and look?

Attachments

• 14784553624111837955649.jpg
    14784553624111837955649.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 35
dont open the boiler up and look and did you mess with them ?

also have you got hot water coming out the kitchen tap? / any taps flowing water through the hot side

Is this the bit that you mean or open the boiler up and look?

Do not open the boiler at all.

That's what he meant ... The white plastic buttons are to fill the system. Now they are closed which is ok.

You may turned your cold water supply off to the boiler just check what you have closed and opened.

No hot water through any taps. And only switched the 2 white taps on for 2 seconds then put them back on closed. Not messed with anything else.

No hot water through any taps. And only switched the 2 white taps on for 2 seconds then put them back on closed. Not messed with anything else.

when was the last time you had hot water and has anything been done from then till now that you know of ?

when was the last time you had hot water and has anything been done from then till now that you know of ?

Hot water was on before i turned the 2 white switches under the boiler to get the pressure up as it was low. Then since i turned them no water through the hot taps at all.

As in picture next to white lever. With a hot tap open. Close and open brass quarter turn valve. Not plastic handle. It is possible debris lodged in valve, opening and closing with hot tap open will allow mains pressure to clear. Also check there are no lever valves on the incoming supply, prior to boiler that may have accidently been knocked closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock