Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water not getting into heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I am look some advice. Our boiler heats the water for the radiators, but the hot water only makes it as far as this component ( pump is above it). It has a temperature sensor in it reading air temperature in the void, but I think it must have a cross over in it from the central heating return I think as the pump runs but just seems to circulate the water at circa 25degC, not adding in the water from the boiler that is around 80C. Ci don’t understand how it’s workings at present so not sure where to start trying to sort it. Any advice greatly received.

Thanks
Phil

Attachments

• 3CD5775F-1C70-42C9-ABE4-9AE9EAAAD884.jpeg
    3CD5775F-1C70-42C9-ABE4-9AE9EAAAD884.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 8DADBF05-D442-400A-9AF9-87D20C3E7BE8.jpeg
    8DADBF05-D442-400A-9AF9-87D20C3E7BE8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
And you're from Germany yeah?

I assume there are laws there the same as the UK that say you can't mess with boilers?

But pumps. Surely you can mess with a pump?

And you're from Germany yeah?

I assume there are laws there the same as the UK that say you can't mess with boilers?

But pumps. Surely you can mess with a pump?

Hi Dan, yes I live Germany and would not be messing with the boiler, I am just trying to understand how I it works and it is a setting issue or something needs bleeding, flow rate changing etc. I am certainly no expert but have not seen that parrot before or understand how it’s working.

Looking at it the first part is probaly a low loss header the bit above w probably contain the pump
Is there anything that needs setting up on these usually or do they not have any moving parts? I think this where the issue is as the hot water from the boiler isn’t getting past this point

That is a Bosch preassembled modular heating system. The pump and bypass et al are inside the larger box with the two gauges on it. They are very common in Austria / Germany, but not in the UK. You can replace the component parts, but the intent is that you replace the complete unit when / if it fails. They are normally seen connected in parallel to feed separate pumped zones.

I would guess that your issue is a pump failure / blockage.

Reply to Hot water not getting into heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock