Discuss hot water secondary return check valves in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I,m about to change from plastic fitting to copper and want to add a check valve into my secondary hot water return line what prevents the hot water sucking the water out of the secondary return line the plumber that fitted it is no longer here so I cant ask why a check valve wasnt installed when it was originally fitted

Use a swing check valve, or a very lightly sprung non return.
swing are best, as they won’t restrict the pump. But they will need fitting the correct orientation so the check valve falls to shut.

Reply to hot water secondary return check valves in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get some advise, basically new vaillant regular boiler has been fitted approx 5 yrs ago, i believe it was back boiler...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock