Discuss How can i hide these pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
my guess 2nd hand pipes poss from another job etc that was one hell of a cheap price

I have a funny feeling this guy was watching a lot of Jeremy Kyle at the time and wanted to get out of the house so priced the job accordingly...£2100 for Boiler, 6 Rads and Towel Rail....that isnt going to pay him too well!

I particularly like how he just knocked a hole in the ceiling with a hammer for the pipes to go through...

It wasn't just one person, it was a company, the plumber came and took measurements etc. Then the owners wife (the owner was a builder) sent me the quote of 2100 in the post.

Yeah i dont think they would of made any money to be honest, as they was doing it for around a week, way too long to spend on a job for that low amount of cash.

Does ot work?
Is it safe?

I mean IT work

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it has been quiet a while but how did go?
What does it look like now?

Why not use cill board guys?
Timber either side of pipes and say you have 8'' from timber 2 timber then just use 8'' cill board, use white screw caps to hide the screws, would look very neat and would be cheaper than plasterboarding and then getting in a plasterer?

Do put some pipe clips on before you box it in! (and anywhere else where they may be missing)

I'm just bumping this thread for no particular reason. If it isn't a current topic, don't worry about it, just ignore it and it'll move off the forum list before long. If it is a topic you'd like to reply to though, go ahead. :)

You'll find more up to date threads than this in the main Pluming Forum. But I'm reply to this so we bump it up the list and get the pages indexed correctly because of the new update we've had. So just ignore this if it's all old news.

If you do reply, keep it polite and professional. You can disagree with the above posts, and just be professional with your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How can i hide these pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back