Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How do I deactivate the Salus RT500BC in my Potterton Titanium boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Joanna

We are installing a Tado smart system in our house and want to connect the wireless receiver into the Potterton Titanium boiler. There is currently a Salus RT500BC attached where the timer was. My query is how do we deactivate the Salus? Is a question of just removing the batteries from the wireless thermostsat?

The easiest way would be to set it to manual, then let the Tado take over once wired in. However this may fail in years to come, so you could either disconnect the wiring and leave in situ, or order a blanking plate.

Reply to How do I deactivate the Salus RT500BC in my Potterton Titanium boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please. We have an old traditional old Potterton E50 boiler with an old Honeywell...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I am trying to identify components in my central heating setup as a precursor to installing a smart thermostat and TRVs (looking at Tado...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock