Discuss How do you wire a Google Nest to a Evinox 40-10E HIU (E-ON) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello members,

Does anybody know how to wire a nest heat link to an Evinox HIU?

I know I need to replace the room module/thermostat with the nest controller and supply a 12v connection to the heat link. I also know to supply the heat link with a 240v connection for power from the HIU connection.

Looking at the instructions of the heat link I need to connect call-for-heat (Normally Open), common and satisfied (Normally Closed).

The problem I have is that unlike previous versions of the HIU my one has no obvious connections for the above. I have attached the electrical diagram to the HIU - can anyone decipher it at all?

I hoped I could simply use the wires that went to the thermostat, or would that be 'too easy' ?

Really hoping somebody has done this before.

Many thanks

Matt

Evinox Technical Diagram:
IMG_6061.jpg

Room Module / Thermostat:
Room module thermostat.jpg

What happens when you link 3 and 4 ?

Hi Shaun,
Bit worried about touching cables to test stuff - are you expecting the heating to come on if I did that? and what is the chance this could break something?
Regards
Matt

Reply to How do you wire a Google Nest to a Evinox 40-10E HIU (E-ON) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Can anyone confirm that a 240v central heating wall thermostat can be replaced by the Nest E Heat Link? According to Google, the wiring needs to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got an Ideal Logic+ System Boiler (installed by my plumber as a Y-plan currently in the simple on/off mode) with Google Nest 3rd Gen. Is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock