Discuss How long do honeywell two port motorised valves last? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Ours are lasting between a year and two years and then I have to replace. Is this normal or should I be investigating our central heating system to find out why?

Which motorised valves do you recommend I use?

They're really dodgy at the minute tbh, i'm hardly having them last. Anywhere between 2 and 5 years and they're going pop.

Started using Drayton instead where I can.

Thanks. The system is free of sludge - I had all that done. The latest one the cogs were slipping, so the motor was fine.

I believe we do have an auto bypass - but this particular problem (resulting in changing the valve) started with the pressure going to zero. I repressurised the system and was left with an intermittent problem with the valve. I do hear kettling from time to time and I would like to understand Shaun's question better.

Another thought that I have is that I use the honeywell evosystem (which I like a lot). I wondered whether valves get more use and therefore deteriorate faster as the valve turns on and off as successive rooms demand heat.

Last edited:
Yes especially if you have pump overrun as the pump will be pushing against the valve and wearing the gears more / forcing it open

image001.jpg

Reply to How long do honeywell two port motorised valves last? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace...
Replies
Views
Back