Discuss How long does it take to service a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasser

Gas Engineer
And how do I verify that it has actually been serviced and it was not just a safety check being carried out?

I only know it's a Worcester. Not my boiler.
And it's not brand new, so there would be some work, cleaning, etc, needed I'm guessing.

Just wait for a reply now from somebody with the Yellow badge besides their name.

few years old, easy access in the kitchen.
What about how to ensure the servicing was actually carried out and not just a safety check?

depends on the boiler also the experience of the engineer, whats your problem cost or time taken, cost is a given time taken is dependent on the engineers knowledge and know how. i can service some boilers 1/2 hour but some take longer also whether any service parts are required.

And how do I verify that it has actually been serviced and it was not just a safety check being carried out?

J am assuming you have some issue with how the engineer carried out the service.There are a lot of variables age/make of boiler,how well it has been previously serviced.Some boilers require consumable parts ,some MI's require more to be done,some are more difficult than others.Worcester are not a favourite of mine.
It is difficult for a customer to know what has been done although a good engineer having viewed it,might explain if it is a straightforward job or if it has been neglected and requires to quote Masood 'a heart transplant and several hail Marys.'This would cost much more than a basic price.Prices vary,start at £50.Do you feel he did very little in a short time?

I have no issues (yet). There were 2 of them and they said it would take 20 minutes, though I didn't note how long they actually took.
20 minutes sounds faster than what I've read it's supposed to take, 30 - 60 min. Two of them sounds like it should be faster but I doubt you can have two people working on a boiler at the same time?
My concern is that I am unable to actually verify what they've done.

It's easy to check the work of a bricklayer - wall goes up, a plumber fixes a leak, all dry, boiler install, hot water available, etc.. but boiler servicing? In 20 minutes? And as I said, it's not new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long does it take to service a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock