Discuss How long does it take to service a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, being gas safe registered doesn't mean he will do the job properly?
As long as he leaves the boiler in a safe condition, Gas Safe won't be on his back. So servicing could mean sticking a probe in there and that's it, even for a Gas Safe engineer...?

You're quite correct. Just because he/she is registered doesn't mean they are thorough.
What can you do?

Use a recommended engineer, If you want a full strip down service on your boiler, ( even though you may not need it), you can always ask but it will cost more in time and materials.

20 mins will be a check

We allow 45-60 mins

Tightness test gas system
Visual check of gas line and meter
Boiler flue check
Check system pressure and top up
Cover off and clean inside (Hoover etc)
Check expansion pressure
Clean trap
Check probes
Fga boiler max and min rate
Gas rate appliance
Cover back on
Fill out paper work and email to client

I've cropped out the address but you get the idea

image.jpg

Good luck doing that any faster

image.jpg

Last edited:
£50. is about average depending where you are, Time wise I average around about 1hr, depending what is required, always run system as well to make sure everything is working, vent rads top up if required, Did you use a national Co or independent engineer ?

The problem is a lot of the bigger companies as well as independent guys are doing a safety check rather than a service and the ordinary joe blogg is non the wiser normally. 20 mins for a service is some going even if there's no strip down

The problem is a lot of the bigger companies as well as independent guys are doing a safety check rather than a service and the ordinary joe blogg is non the wiser normally. 20 mins for a service is some going even if there's no strip down

The main problem with type of job (Service) is the cost ! customer always puts the cost first, that is the reason a full service as outlined in the manufactures instructions rarely gets done as it would more than double the cost if carried out to the letter, and I think that most people would not be happy paying over £100 every year for a service, landlords being the least likely to have it done, doing a basic check to see if everything is working and safe is better than nothing at all.

It would help if there was more transparency as well. Passing a safety check as servicing is downright fraud.

It would help if there was more transparency as well. Passing a safety check as servicing is downright fraud.

Tell bg and the likes of them to change, they won't so price stays low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long does it take to service a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock