Search the forum,

Discuss How long should I be heating my unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have a tempest 360litre cylinder with a Ecotec 637 (37kw) all tucked away in the loft.

I currently heat it for an 1.30 at 7 a.m. in the morning and then for 3 hours at 6pm till 9pm
I actually wasn't sure this is the best way to heat it as I've read you should leave it for 6 hours over night.

What say you on best practices?
For me the water is always piping hot as we set the temp to 60 degrees

Cheers in advance

Attachments

• IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 9
Problem is yours is a horizontal cylinder so it actually doesn’t store much hot water unless you have a de strat pump fitted

Tbh I would leave it on constant it will regulate it self via it’s thermostat

Problem is yours is a horizontal cylinder so it actually doesn’t store much hot water unless you have a de strat pump fitted

Tbh I would leave it on constant it will regulate it self via it’s thermostat
Hey, Thanks for your reply.
I think I do have a destrat. I don't fully understand it but think it keeps hot water flow in the cylinder.
If I leave it on all the time I think it will fire up more often than I'd like even with it regulating itself

Doesn't really matter, if what your set to now is adequate ? then leave it there no big benefit of heating it overnight unless your using electricity to heat the tank . Kop
Thanks for your reply.
That's what I was thinking overall. I suppose if the demand isn't outpacing the supply of hot water then it's fine.
I think I was worried from a maintenance side of things and if there is a minimum requirement for a tank this size. I think I read once about inverted pressure blah blah

Hey, Thanks for your reply.
I think I do have a destrat. I don't fully understand it but think it keeps hot water flow in the cylinder.
If I leave it on all the time I think it will fire up more often than I'd like even with it regulating itself

2 hours should be ample then so try 2-4am

Reply to How long should I be heating my unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock