Search the forum,

Discuss How many core wire for ufh stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cubbs

Hi

whats the best wiring to use for underfloor heating stats. I'm hardwiring it all. Not wireless.

Thanks

At least 3 (eg 3 core twin and earth ) but depends on stat

Know nothing about U/F controls ! but would have thought 4 core , L/N/E & switched L , people do this on other heating controls and finish up using 'N' for switched L then it gets confusing back in the wiring centre

Most people take the easy route and use a 5 core 1mm flex, it gives you one spare core, and is easier to install at the controller end when you've got 8 room stats coming back to the one controller.

Of course it depends upon the make and model of the room stat / programmer, some are 12V, some 230V some send back a switched live some have a pair of zero V contacts. Some of the 12V ones run happily on Cat6 or Belden 9538

Now, how long was that piece of string?

Last edited:
Know nothing about U/F controls ! but would have thought 4 core , L/N/E & switched L , people do this on other heating controls and finish up using 'N' for switched L then it gets confusing back in the wiring centre
L,N,s/L and earth is called three core.:sosp:

L,N,s/L and earth is called three core.:sosp:

OP may not know that, average person only see 3 or 4 inner wires so will call it 3 core etc. where people in the trade tend to use twin & earth etc. (3 core) gets confusing for Mr average !!

OP may not know that, average person only see 3 or 4 inner wires so will call it 3 core etc. where people in the trade tend to use twin & earth etc. (3 core) gets confusing for Mr average !!

It's not 3 core as the cpc can't be used as a live core

It's not 3 core as the cpc can't be used as a live core

The challenge is Sparks refer to three insulated cables plus the uninsulated cpc as 3 core :)
They are just lazy and forget to add the word earth to 3core and earth :)
Think of T&E = twin and earth

The challenge is Sparks refer to three insulated cables plus the uninsulated cpc as 3 core :)
They are just lazy and forget to add the word earth to 3core and earth :)
Think of T&E = twin and earth

yea but he said inner wires not cores :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many core wire for ufh stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock