Discuss How many core wire for ufh stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cubbs

Hi

whats the best wiring to use for underfloor heating stats. I'm hardwiring it all. Not wireless.

Thanks

At least 3 (eg 3 core twin and earth ) but depends on stat

Know nothing about U/F controls ! but would have thought 4 core , L/N/E & switched L , people do this on other heating controls and finish up using 'N' for switched L then it gets confusing back in the wiring centre

Most people take the easy route and use a 5 core 1mm flex, it gives you one spare core, and is easier to install at the controller end when you've got 8 room stats coming back to the one controller.

Of course it depends upon the make and model of the room stat / programmer, some are 12V, some 230V some send back a switched live some have a pair of zero V contacts. Some of the 12V ones run happily on Cat6 or Belden 9538

Now, how long was that piece of string?

Last edited:
Know nothing about U/F controls ! but would have thought 4 core , L/N/E & switched L , people do this on other heating controls and finish up using 'N' for switched L then it gets confusing back in the wiring centre
L,N,s/L and earth is called three core.:sosp:

L,N,s/L and earth is called three core.:sosp:

OP may not know that, average person only see 3 or 4 inner wires so will call it 3 core etc. where people in the trade tend to use twin & earth etc. (3 core) gets confusing for Mr average !!

OP may not know that, average person only see 3 or 4 inner wires so will call it 3 core etc. where people in the trade tend to use twin & earth etc. (3 core) gets confusing for Mr average !!

It's not 3 core as the cpc can't be used as a live core

It's not 3 core as the cpc can't be used as a live core

The challenge is Sparks refer to three insulated cables plus the uninsulated cpc as 3 core :)
They are just lazy and forget to add the word earth to 3core and earth :)
Think of T&E = twin and earth

The challenge is Sparks refer to three insulated cables plus the uninsulated cpc as 3 core :)
They are just lazy and forget to add the word earth to 3core and earth :)
Think of T&E = twin and earth

yea but he said inner wires not cores :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many core wire for ufh stats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock