Discuss How much joist can be cut out fo CH pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I know a joist is a joist but it is parallel to a brick wall not perpendicular when obviously they carry a greater load. Can the joist not be fixed solidly to the wall with packing between either side??

Not sure why people are so fond of bending copper pipes rather than using elbows. It seems to be a UK thing.

As someone said previously, just use elbows to get rid of those silly "bends" and you'll be good to go. All that is needed is a 3/4" deep notch in that joist, too bad you can't put the wood back, but as the joist is against a brick wall, I doubt it will be problem.

Love the scorch marks on the bottom of the floorboards, doesn't the guy have a piece of alu or tin to put behind there to prevent that?

The reason we prefer bending to using elbows is because we’re plumbers and we like to show it sometimes!
Not to mention the better flow properties and reduction in noise...

Reply to How much joist can be cut out fo CH pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock