Search the forum,

Discuss How much to charge for a powerflush? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Do you guys work out your prices on a per radiator basis or how do you price it? I have to price for a 20 rad sealed system powerflush and as it's a relatively new service I'm offering would appreciate advice plus an idea of how long it will take to do properly.

Cheers!

Should add I've done a couple before but always with hired kit. This time I am going to bite the bullet and get my own machine.

hard shift to knock in a day but possible is it 15mm or mircobore. Also are you magnclease it or powerflush with a machine

i would price it for day and bit but you could crack it in a day

I would allow atleast a day and a half for a system of that size especially if very dirty. I normally charge about £350 for the flush for up to 10 rads, then £20 per rad on top.

Hi mate. It will be the 2 of us working on the job I should add, my apprentice (who is pretty handy if a bit slow though) and me. From what I can see all heating pipework is in 15mm copper and the house is over 3 floors.

I am going to be buying the ProFlush Professional with the built in magnet and probably will get the heater too. I am too lazy to carry a separate magnet unit around!

A scary amount of cash to buy it but hopefully should be a good investment.

What would you charge?

I would allow atleast a day and a half for a system of that size especially if very dirty. I normally charge about £350 for the flush for up to 10 rads, then £20 per rad on top.

Do those prices include VAT please?

Do you guys not add a bit on because you've had to outlay on an expensive machine then?

Do those prices include VAT please?

I'm not VAT registered so no. I always find I am quoting against BG for a powerflush though, so I can make good money on it and still look cheap.

Hi mate. It will be the 2 of us working on the job I should add, my apprentice (who is pretty handy if a bit slow though) and me. From what I can see all heating pipework is in 15mm copper and the house is over 3 floors.

I am going to be buying the ProFlush Professional with the built in magnet and probably will get the heater too. I am too lazy to carry a separate magnet unit around!

A scary amount of cash to buy it but hopefully should be a good investment.

What would you charge?

I would not bother with the heater as it is only usually 3Kw. This will get 4 rads lukewarm but not really shift the sludge. If flushing cold we use an acid based cleaner if safe then once new boiler in give it another go. Pricing here as other 350 for standard house plus 15 quid an extra rad - all plus vat. If sealed system then set up and exit a lot quicker so even with 20 rads you should be out after a long day.

I wonder what BG would charge for one. I don't want to take the mick price wise but the sooner I can recover the cost of the machine the better!

Cheers all. Likes and thanks don't seem to be available for me atm!

I will not bother with the heating unit then for now, as I understand it you can retrofit it later so no need to buy it just now, the boiler appears to be working fine.

I think I shall pitch at £600 including VAT then. To be honest I am going to need to buy the machine to do one so I want to be earning a good chunk of that back to make it worth the while doing it.

Thanks to all for advice.

go for it cr0ft. i had customer with 12 rads total, as i havent had my powerflush at that time, i recommended some company, he got quote for £688 include 10% off, i've done it for £460 after and he was happy. He is loyal customer as well

I wonder what BG would charge for one. I don't want to take the mick price wise but the sooner I can recover the cost of the machine the better!

If you are pricing it right and doing it quick and well enough then it should be paid for within a year. Don't forget that the machine itself will need some repairs and maintenance. We use the Kamco one and have had to buy new hoses, seals and the flasks for the magnets. Five years on it has proved to be our best earner and you can use it to descale Hexs , cylinders and pipework etc. Just depends how ingenious you get with couplings.

Start from about £400.
I use Kamco equipment/materials. You'll need to double dose if micro bore/problematic system on the chemicals. You then need to know if there is any Aluminium in the system and use the correct flushing chemicals accordingly.
I also usually incorporate fitting a Magnaclean or similar the previous day and adjusting any incorrect pipe work if open vented.
Sometimes after the flush when you try balancing the rad valves leak. So extra work.
I would advise you to have a disclaimer to sign before the start of work. You can get one of these off of the Kamco site. I then affix disclaimer to my paperwork for any eventuality.
i haven't looked back since purchasing my power flush set up.
Good luck.

Tbh a day rate includes the cost of van, tools etc. half day flushes I charge £300 ish.

The more rads the greater the risk and time spent, chemicals and balancing afterwards.

I have ALWAYS spent a full day on a flush.....and yes it's doing work!

If you haven't got the proper analysing equipment then it's probably not upto standard. It can appear visually clean to the eye......but it isn't!

I agree a TDS meter is essential, and if you are using one of the acidic cleansers then a pH meter is also.

I have to ask where you get this work from? Is it a direct result of advertising the service? I've never been asked to do a flush since I started out.

Tom how do you flush then just chemical or take rads off and flush out in garden with a hose

Smt
I have a TDS PH meter and Turbidity tube.
TB
I'm on Yell and have a website.

Tom how do you flush then just chemical or take rads off and flush out in garden with a hose

If it's needed. Which is rare. Unblocked some 10mm hep on Friday by taking rad off and blasting pipe with bottle pump. Worked a treat.

That was on 2 rads by the way, both clean before I blasted them. Blockage was in pipe with no circulation so would a pf have shifted it?

really stupid question coming up helpsy Turbidity tube how does it work do you use a test kit from kamco ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much to charge for a powerflush? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock