Search the forum,

Discuss " How to access Washer/Valve assembly in Kitchen Tap." in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a quarter - turn Cold Water Kitchen Sink Tap that has a started dripping and i am trying to gain access to the washer/valve assembly and looking for advice as to where/how as cannot see any obvious screws on the main tap body and the small blue plastic insert does not seem to move?...... any help/advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• WIN_20211210_19_28_56_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211210_19_28_56_Pro.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WIN_20211210_19_27_39_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211210_19_27_39_Pro.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 9
Tbh, I am not sure, but if inserts don’t come out, try first just pulling head off the tap body.
However, some inserts are just a tight fit and can be removed using a blade & hopefully find a screw below.
Oh, forgot to add, - Quarter turn taps have ceramic cartridges and usually will need new cartridge of which there are numerous different types, (spline numbers, length, etc).
Or new taps

In order of likelihood:
1. The blue index will come out with a little persuasion. They are normally a push fit.
2. There may be a grub screw in the round chrome part of the handle, probably on the side directly opposite where the lever handle joins it.
3. They may just pull off.

They are clearly quarter turn taps, so you will need a new cartridge. If you don't know the make and model finding the correct cartridge can be "challenging". Try tapspares which might help you identify what you need.

You may well find it cheaper to replace both taps.

Tbh, I am not sure, but if inserts don’t come out, try first just pulling head off the tap body.
However, some inserts are just a tight fit and can be removed using a blade & hopefully find a screw below.
Oh, forgot to add, - Quarter turn taps have ceramic cartridges and usually will need new cartridge of which there are numerous different types, (spline numbers, length, etc).
Or new taps
Thanks very much .... yes i have seen some clips on YouTube regarding all the various cartridge sizes! ..... i am on a plumbers visiting list but as he has lots of work he suggested trying to fix it myself! ------ i may have another go at the insert just did not want to make things worse as have turned off the tap supply as handily it has a screw on the stainless steel pipe to do so!........... thats a good idea pair of new taps eventually!.

In order of likelihood:
1. The blue index will come out with a little persuasion. They are normally a push fit.
2. There may be a grub screw in the round chrome part of the handle, probably on the side directly opposite where the lever handle joins it.
3. They may just pull off.

They are clearly quarter turn taps, so you will need a new cartridge. If you don't know the make and model finding the correct cartridge can be "challenging". Try tapspares which might help you identify what you need.

You may well find it cheaper to replace both taps.
Thanks for all the tips/advice will have another closer look at the Tap ................... i am on my normal plumbers waiting list he just suggested it may be worth having a look myself! ------- as you say finding the correct size cartridge can indeed be " challenging" one guy who bought his taps from Victoria Plumbing even had them send the wrong size cartridge for taps they had supplied!( they did quickly send him the correct ones the next day i must add!.lol.)......... in the long run replacing both taps is probably a good idea! ........................ i have the stainless steel pipework going to the tap with an isolator screw so it is turned off ok which is one good thing.

Reply to " How to access Washer/Valve assembly in Kitchen Tap." in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock