Search the forum,

Discuss How to become self employed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredrico84

Hi,

After 4 and half years working for a plumbing firm, I got redundant 8 months ago and since then I've been out of luck trying to get into another plumbing firm. I now want to become self employed. I need to know how to get started, Should I go to my bank to see If I can get a business loan or something? I need money to start off you see to buy vans and some tools...ect.

Please help me out here as I'm really desperate to get started.

lots of threads on topic Fredrico,do a search,one here for starters

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/9590-starting-up-my-self.html

few things

check if you can get any help from government schemes as you are unemployed

or cheap set up loans from local government back commerce centers

try not to get into to much dept

walk before you run

Thanks for the tips and the link mate, I'm going to look at this government schemes. I will deffo try not to get into much debt, I think I can get up and running with around 5k.

Take care.

Most jobs you can do with a plumbing tool kit which you could have in the back of your motor to start off with. Space will eventually become an issue and obviously it looks more proffesional with a van, but if money is tight to start with then just the basics will do. Don't aim too high to start off with though. If you are not doing gas then you will be fine!!!! Most of my van is full of gas gear and I could probably get away with an estate car otherwise !!!!
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Most jobs you can do with a plumbing tool kit which you could have in the back of your motor to start off with. Space will eventually become an issue and obviously it looks more proffesional with a van, but if money is tight to start with then just the basics will do. Don't aim too high to start off with though. If you are not doing gas then you will be fine!!!! Most of my van is full of gas gear and I could probably get away with an estate car otherwise !!!!
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Great tips, for sure I will start from very basics as I know going self employed has is full of hassles that it will take time to get used to. To be honest I would be happy with 3-4 jobs a week to start off then work my way up. I got my gas qualifications but I'm not registered(costs £420) yet as I need money for it.

Do you think I could just get a loan for around 2K with low interest rate with not much hassle? I have most tools for domestic plumbing, so when I think about I just need to buy a van or a car to get started.

I'll let you know how things will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to become self employed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock