Discuss How to fix leaking trv in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Just moved in to a house and the radiator is leaking where the trv meets the feeding copper pipe.
I’ve drained the system and had the trv off, it looks like when they’ve changed them they’ve made a small cut on the pipe under the olive. I can only guess this is what’s causing the dripping.
Is there anyway of repairing this ? I don’t know if you can smear some sort of sealant on the cut? Or will I have to go under the chip board and put a new piece of pipe in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Photograph would be useful.
2. If the cut isn't too deep you could try soldering the pipe, wiping off the excess solder with a pad of rag, then fitting a new olive.
3. If the olive has been crushed so hard onto the pipe that it has created an indented ring in it, you probably have no choice put to renew that end of the pipe.

Might try carefully wrapping 1 or 2 turns of ptfe tape over the olive, it's a bit of a knack but often fixes naughty olive / scored pipe.

Attachments

• 15874874975165360105335824562814.jpg
    15874874975165360105335824562814.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 7

Reply to How to fix leaking trv in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock