Discuss How to remove tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauleg

Hi All,
I'm trying to take the hot tap apart to replace the washer. I've turned off the water but cannot get the tap apart.
Hopefully you can see in the photo below. Online advice says to take the cap off and unscrew the top. There is a groove in the top of the tap but i can't work out if the cap is a separate part or not. I can't get a screw driver or Stanley blade to make any kind of gap.
Is there a better way to take this off, am I being an idiot?

image.jpg

Thanks in advance.

They might be 'tamper proof' handles, which require a tool to undo a nut on the underside of the handle.

Hard to explain to someone if they are not familiar with the set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to remove tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When...
Replies
Views
Back