Search the forum,

Discuss how to size a indirect hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, just wondering how most people do as my title says. How much hot water per person for a house hold?

Also, anyone bought a stainless steel indirect cylinder? If so, are they any good? My client is in need for a change, and as most clients say, she is short of cash. And i have heard i think, that stainless steel cylinders are cheaper than copper. So this might be an option.

If you have bought one, where from?

Cheers fellers

I tend to check what the cylinder maker says in their brochure & then go next size up if I can. Usually it is a " one bath + one shower" or " two baths" etc. Depends what is heating them & also shower type.

cheers fuzzy. Back in the day, didn't they go by the amount of people in the house and then do it per litre?

I think that is what i learnt at college a while ago

From Best- not Fuzzy. :D . I guess it depends how much each person washes themselves! Surely if one person is living in a very large house with several bathrooms, then it would still need a large cylinder, although it will be a waste of energy to heat it while the house remains with few occupants? Good idea though to have a rough estimate of what hot water each person needs. Think vented s.steel cylinders should be good, esp in harsh water areas. Was told by merchants that they are similar price to copper but must check that out.

Indirect water size manufactured in the many size from 300000 to 3000000 BTU. Indirect water is recommend for low temperature type of supply.

the relevant BS docs and also unvented training notes still quote per ltr per day per person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to size a indirect hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock