Discuss How to trace a water pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Powellj3

Hi,
I have a dry blue plastic water pipe emerging in my detached garage. I have no idea where it originates from. I’m guessing it must be either in the kitchen or bathroom of my 2003 bungalow. But there is no evidence of this - short of taking units apart.

Is there any way of tracing the pipe? I had thought if there was some way of pumping a loud sound or smoke through the pipe - it would emerge somewhere. I did try blowing down it and I could, with some effort. Certainly there’s no way of fitting a mouth piece and pretending it’s a trumpet!

Thanks

If you have a compressor or 12volt tyre inflator hold an airline in the end of it and listen for the sound inside the bungalow.
Or get someone to blow a whistle down the pipe.

If it was intended for water it's most likely, but not guaranteed to come up in a room where there is water, if it was intended as a duct for power it may come up near the consumer unit.

Reply to How to trace a water pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
A
I have a mixer shower with standard 15cm inlet pipe spacing designed to accept vertical (downward) inlet pipes. The plumbing from my wall has two...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
I recently took off an end stop on the vent/expansion pipe over the heating header tank. I now know why it was capped off. When the 2 way valve...
Replies
Views
Back