Search the forum,

Discuss How to use existing oil boiler for UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm renovating my house, taking out the wall mounted radiators and fitting an underfloor (in screed) heating system, but I want to keep the existing oil fired boiler.

If the UFH needs water at 25c and the boiler delivers water at 60c how do I avoid over heating the floor?

Can I fit a reservoir/tank in the UFH system so that the boiler isn't constantly turning on and off?

It's all possible provided you get someone competent to design and install it for you. If you are planning on doing this yourself, I would recommend reading the appropriate literature or going on a course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to use existing oil boiler for UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
As part of deep house renovation, planning to install wet ufh on the ground floor, and radiators on upper floor. Two bathrooms will have both water based towel warmers and electric ufh, and need dual thermostat to separately control air temp (by running towel warmer) and floor temp. Need...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock