Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss I feel an apology is in order. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

Since I started doing plumbing and heating and joined this forum, I have learnt a lot and had a lot of help from people on this forum.

I have been on the forum asking questions the last few weeks that really I knew the answer to but doubted myself which I shouldn't have done. There's a lot of members on here that have been very helpful and I'm grateful for it. I feel I need to apologise to everyone who has helped me over the years for not believing in myself, I have worked for a few different firms where I have had no support other than the wages paid which I have been grateful for but to me, learning, doing a good job and getting better has been more important. This has partly contributed to me doubting myself.

I started out plumbing with little experience but have worked hard to get to a point where I can take on jobs and earn good money. I'm under no illusions that there will be certain work that will be beyond me doing on my own but I also know that I have enough experience and knowledge to earn a good living. There's plenty of work going around that I am getting busier all the time. I work full time doing plumbing for a company but I also work most evenings and weekends doing private work. I'm gas safe, do my self assessment and have insurance.

A few weeks ago, I asked about a back boiler to combi job I had quoted for, I got the job, I got the job done well. I know this type of job you guys could do in your sleep, I have done a few of these myself but was learning as I went but left to myself while working for someone. I found the job easy (in the sense I knew what to do) but hard work (in the sense it was long days, no stopping for food - stupid). I now know I have the experience and knowledge to do this work and as far as domestic installs go, round my way I'll do ok.

I have had a few boiler install jobs the last 6 months or so including rewires, new gas runs and sometimes it's hard but gone well. I'm getting better at breakdowns too, not great by any stretch but improving.

I will always want to continue learning and the work genuinely interests me. I know a lot of people who hate their jobs so I know I'm lucky.

So apologies to members that have probably seen my posts and thought surely he should know this or that and thanks for all the help so far, I will continue to ask stupid questions but I also know I have the confidence to go for it sometimes.

And you know if you have a problem we're always here for you / to catch you

Mate nothing wrong in asking for a second opinion/doubting yourself,I feel I sometimes ask the “stupidest” questions to my colleagues even though I think I’m right. It’s nice just to have someone reaffirm your thoughts,I’m not the most confident purely cause I worry that I’ll let a customer down doing something wrong but when you do.. so what aslong as you fix it an learn from it happy days! You’ve got a good mindset about it mate your do well!

Nothing wrong with asking advice if you're unsure.
We all started somewhere.
As far as hard work goes, that's just par for the course.

Nothing wrong with asking advice if you're unsure.
We all started somewhere.
As far as hard work goes, that's just par for the course.

Thanks, If it wasn't hard work it wouldn't be as satisfying when a good job is done.

This forum is great for bouncing ideas of people and asking questions to confirm what you already thought.
There are a lot of knowledgable people on here who are all very helpful. We are all like minded and use our free time on here to better our knowledge and help where possible.

We all need someone to talk plumbing problems over with.
I found things easier when I worked along with a friend, but sadly he passed away.
I now have more experience in some types of work, but I find confidence is often lower and stress is higher now that it is on my shoulders to make decisions.
Am sure a lot of folk on here are same, so we all understand asking a second opinion is well worth it.

If ever In doubt I always find it's much much easier to discuss anything that you're not sure enough about.

My cousin has just bought another house. The one they currently iive I did the kitchen bathroom
Went there Saturday (new home)and found I had to take out a load of compression fittings connected to the heating system which were ALL under the floor boards connected to radiators
This though I thought was DEFINITELY NOT.anything to be unsure about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I feel an apology is in order. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock