Discuss I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdlang

The condenser pipe was recently re-glued in the loft. We were told to wait 12 hours before switching the boiler back on. We did this but the problem seems to be getting steadily worse. The reason for the fix in the first place was because the glue had melted initially when they installed it and left the house with the boiler switched on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can stop the leak? Thanks very much.

Re: I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leakin

K---D---Lang .. Dubious pseudonym!
However KD ..... My experience of condensate pipe and the glue is that its pretty instant, give or take a minute or two! Also I find interesting is that's the pipe in question as been Okay until now!!! Personally I'd be looking for second advice in the 'physical' term!!!

Re: I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leakin

By-the-way - KD... What's the pressure reading on your boiler?

diamondgas - Pressure is reading 1.5? So I take it you don't think it's the condenser pipe? Thanks for the post!

KD --- Don't rule out the condensate pipe ... It all depends on your own instalation. The pressure you mentioed ruled out a few things ... How old is the installation? And WHO told you about the glue ********! ... Basically condensing boilers weep and the condensate takes the tears away...

It was fitted exactly one year ago and has leaked steadily since we got it but we never queried it until recently as 1. My partner has been extremely ill and, therefore, getting it seen to went on the back boiler 2. It seems to be dripping a heck of a lot outside our back door and does not drain away anywhere. We have a constant puddle that is turning green? Anyhow, we got the guy back who sold us the boiler as it is still under warranty. He tried to say it was our pipes and we needed a plumber. However, after he looked in our loft, he said the pipe needed re-glued?

never heard of glue waiting time 12 h --mast be athe new bred plumbers i see here in london Indiancowboys :):):):)

Last edited:

He was the head of the company, an old guy?

sure its a white pipe not copper?.

could also be a cracked con bottle nozzle.

I can"t actually see the pipe on the external wall as outside my back door we have a covering with a hole in it. What does a con bottle nozzle pertain to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock